This blog started out as a spin off from the blog we had to keep family updated on what was going on with my husband. I needed some place I could put down my thoughts about being a mom, wife, and caregiver to my husband. I have found that blogging is a way to help calm my nerves, but I didn’t want to take over the other blog with my ramblings.
A little about me.
- I’m in my 30s
- I became a widow at the age of 32
- In Jan 2012 I celebrated 14 years with my husband.
- I have 2 kids, although sometimes they can feel like 5
- I had 2 csections and have an amazing bond with my kids, I dare someone to tell me otherwise.
- I was diagnosed with Lupus and Scleroderma in 2008. Since then I have added Fibromyalgia, Hypermobility Syndrom, and Sjögren’s (SHOW-grins).
- I hate stupid people and have a hard time keeping opinions to myself
- I grew up in Illinois until I was 16, don’t miss the cold, or the summers
- I lived in Vegas for 4 years, and miss it
- I lived in Oregon for 2 years and couldn’t stand the rain
- I lived in California for 12 years. its not as glamorous as tv makes it out to be,
- We now live in South Carolina and absolutely love it and the people!
Tin Man was born with a congenital heart defect (CHD) called Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA). He was listed for a heart transplant on December 3, 2010 and received his new heart on March 6, 2012 after waiting 15 months and 3 days.lHe passed away on April 10, 2012 from complications. You can read more about Tin Man’s heart over here.
I’m mom to 2 kids.
- Warrior is 17. He’s my way to smart for his own good, and my sanity, child. He’s decided he wants to be a cardiothoracic surgeon. After seeing everything his dad went through, he wants to help people the same way the doctors and surgeons helped our family.
- Sugar Peas is 13. She’s my fashion diva, my girly tomboy. She was diagnosed with an auditory processing disorder in 2008 and with a visual processing disorder and short term memory issues in May 2012. She wants to be a nurse in a cardiologist office.
- Both kids do a lot with Donate Life. They look for different ways to help get the message out. They speak at high schools, have done different speaking engagements in our area, and do a lot through Facebook too.
They are awesome kids. They’re the only things that have held me together since Tin Man’s death.
- photography, I love playing around with my camera, especially with nature shots.
- reading. I’ve always been a reader, but lately, with all the hospital visits, and not being able to sleep, I’ve started reading a lot more. I’m always open to suggestions on what I should read.
- historical places. I hated history when I was younger because I hated reading about it. I want to learn about it first hand. I want to see the actual places and not just pictures in a book.
- anything crafty. I’m a sucker for crafts and love home made gifts.
- Donate Life. In August 2011 Tin Man, Warrior, Sugar Pea, and I became Donate Life Ambassadors. We decided as a family we wanted to learn how to educate people about the importance and need for organ donation.
- and i love video games when I have the time.
This is me.